Sunday, April 23, 2017

Going On Vacation

                                            

I often wonder when I leave Maggie with a trusted caregiver for a number of days does she think I will return or does she think this is her new family?
I recently traveled out of town for a period of 10 days. My go to caregiver was completely booked so I had to find a different place for Maggie to stay. After talking with a few friends nothing panned out. When I checked Google I was sent to Rover.com which found me two options that I felt would meet my (and Maggie’s) needs. After a meet and greet I decided on one person not too far from my area.
I was a little apprehensive about leaving Maggie so this caregiver said she could send me pictures and updates daily. Well this was the next best thing to talking with Maggie. I received pictures twice a day with comments about what Maggie had done during her day. My mind was certainly eased.
I was still curious how Maggie would react when she saw me upon my return. She definitely was happy: her tail was wagging, she was jumping around and she was licking my face! When I stayed a few minutes to thank the caregiver Maggie planted herself between my legs. I took this as if she wanted to make sure I didn’t leave without her. Dogs display their emotions in so many different ways but Maggie had never done this before. Very interesting!

I know she was well cared for and from the pictures it even looked like she was having a good time. But I am happy to say “There is no place like home!”

No comments:

Post a Comment