Wednesday, August 19, 2009

D day, or should I say MD day. As in Maggie the Dog day. Today we pick up our beloved Maggie. One might ask how you can love a dog you have not yet met. Well you will see when I finally post her picture. No she is not Miss America, but she certainly is close.
We assembled the dog crate, filled it with comfy old towels, set aside the chew toy, the treats, and of course the camera. The excitement is mounting. I woke up this morning at 3 am and while I was thrilled to be able to go back to sleep, I kept thinking this is going to change. When I wake agan at this ungodly hour will I find myself checking on maggie? Comforting her, soothing her as she thinks about her parents and siblings? How long before she recognizes that we will be her new family?
Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment