Wednesday, August 26, 2009

While doing research for the golden doodle breed I came across an article that said these dogs can be trained to ring a bell on the door which notifies it's owners it needs to go outside to take care of business. Well yesterday I was in this upscale dogie store and this worker asked me my dog's breed. When I told him she was a golden doodle he brought me over to the bells to hang on the door. So of course I bought one. I brought it home and hung it on my back door. The object of these bells is to ring it say the word "outside" to condition your dog to associate the ringing of the bells to the word outside to actually go outside to pee. Well when I rang the bell and said "outside" Maggie just looked at me. Okay, I thought this may take a little while to sink in. So all afternoon I rang the bell said "outside" and took Maggie outside. Well she did pee and occasionally poop, but she views this as a toy rather then a training method. By this morning she was chewing on them (of course).
Well this should be interesting. I do hope she gets it or we will be going out a lot for no reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment