Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well the weekend is here and we had a lot of family and friends come meet Maggie. The house was pretty full at times and Maggie certainly got a lot of attention. She has definitely acclimated to her surroundings and loves to play fetch with many of her new toys. Her favorite spot is on the front porch first thing in the morning listening to all the new sounds and smelling the dew on the leaves.
The art of training a dog to pee and poop outside is tiring. We try to take her out every two hours and immediately when she wakes from a nap. But of course there is the trial and error phase and a few accidents in the house are expected. Although every dog is different I would love to know what time period we are talking about. If I could just put it in my head that is will take ? weeks or months it would make my life easier. But then again if I wanted my life to be easier I would not have adopted a dog right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment